Our Active Movement Adult Sessions are aimed at keeping your body moving at home and are a collaboration between Connections Neuro-Disability Services and Paces Sheffield.
Disclaimer – taking part in these sessions is entirely voluntary and is done so at your own risk. We recommend that you consult a medical professional before undertaking the sessions. Click through to the full videos on YouTube for descriptions and further information.
All our previous videos are below…
COMING UP: SESSION 7 – MODERATE LEVEL: SEATED UPPER BODY MOVEMENTS
- This session is a simple set of movement activities for people who have a movement disorder or neurological condition (e.g. stroke, head injury, cerebral palsy).
- The movements are broken down into small steps with clear explanation making them easy to follow.
- They are suitable for anyone to undertake in either free-sitting or seated in a wheelchair.
- This first session breaks down upper body movements to encourage active control of the shoulders, arms and hands.
- The focus of the movements is on moderate level range, control and co-ordination of active movement for anyone with a moderate level of difficulty when moving.
- The session is suitable to undertake alone, or with a carer’s assistance if needed.
- A long stick or equivalent e.g. rolling pin, broom handle, walking stick
- A short stick or equivalent e.g. a wooden spoon, a small bottle, a hairbrush
- A seat (dining room chair/therapy bench/wheelchair)
- Taking part in this session is entirely voluntary and is done so at your own risk.
- We recommend that you consult a medical professional before undertaking this Active Movement Session.
A collaboration between Connections Neuro-Disability Services and Paces Sheffield
SESSION 1 – SEATED UPPER BODY MOVEMENTS
SESSION 2 – SEATED LOWER BODY MOVEMENTS
SESSION 3 – STANDING UP & SIMPLE STANDING MOVEMENTS
SESSION 4 – SIMPLE STANDING MOVEMENTS
SESSION 5 – SIMPLE LYING MOVEMENTS ON YOUR BACK
SESSION 6 – SIMPLE FINE MOTOR MOVEMENTS