Families are at the heart of what we do at Paces. Created out of a need to find an appropriate system of education for their child, our work recognises the fact that by addressing a family’s needs, the family is then empowered to manage the circumstances that arise around their disabled child.
Paces Sheffield charity was created out of the need that families had to find an appropriate system of education for their child in the UK. It was discovered by them that the only system available that addresses all of the needs of a child with Cerebral Palsy is Conductive Education. During the late 1980s and early 1990s many families worked hard to ensure their child could benefit from Conductive Education by attending the Peto Institute in Hungary.
Has your child received a diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy or other neurological condition?
We can help.
Does your child struggle with:
- Feeding themselves
If so we can help with:
- Information, advice and support
- Guidance and information on all our services, outreach programmes and our school
- Assistance with obtaining an appropriate Education Health & Care plan
- Information regarding support that is available for families – including Parent to Parent support
- Information and support regarding funding and financial support available to families and individuals
- Advice and support for transitions within school, into mainstream schooling and school leavers
- If we cannot help, then we will find somebody that can!
We have a dedicated Family Services Team who can support children and families from first contact, help in applying to our services and school, throughout your child’s time at school and beyond.
- Josie Walker helps coordinate the Family Service across the charity in her role as Family Services Coordinator.
- Vicki Clarry is one of Paces’ parents and is our dedicated Family Support Field Worker.
CONTACT US TO FIND OUT MORE:
You can contact Josie Walker, Family Services Coordinator via email at email@example.com
You can contact Vicki Clarry, Paces Family Support Field Worker via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively the team can be contacted by telephone on telephone 0114 284 4488 or write to:
Paces Family Support, Paces Campus, Pack Horse Lane, Sheffield S35 3HY